Public Law 111-84, “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010,” section 2835, October 28, 2009, designates the Inspector General of the Department of Defense as the chairperson of the Interagency Coordination Group (ICG) of Inspectors General for Guam Realignment. The chairperson is required to provide an annual report to the congressional defense committees, the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of the Interior on the activities of the ICG and the programs and operations funded with amounts appropriated or otherwise made available for military construction on Guam.
This report contains data collected from multiple organizations. The Department of Defense Office of Inspector General did not independently verify, analyze, or validate the data provided. This report identifies the programs and operations funded with appropriated amounts or funds otherwise made available for military construction on Guam in FY 2016.
• DoD obligated approximately $48.0 million and expended approximately $93.9 million. Other Federal agencies obligated approximately $20,957 and expended approximately $7.2 million. (Section 1)
• DoD identified 194 military construction projects and programs, totaling approximately $90.7 million, with estimated completion costs of approximately $662.4 million. Other Federal agencies identified 36 projects and programs, totaling approximately $6.0 million, with estimated completion costs of approximately $79.4 million. (Section 2)
• Government of Japan provided revenues of approximately $124.5 million and earned approximately $4.3 million in interest associated with revenues. (Section 3)
• DoD identified operating expenses of approximately $27.2 million. Other Federal agencies identified operating expenses of approximately $132,183. (Section 4)
• DoD identified a total of 74 contracts, grants, agreements, or other funding mechanisms valued at approximately $101.5 million. Other Federal agencies identified a total of 23 contracts, grants, agreements, or other funding mechanisms valued at approximately $20,957. (Section 5)
This report is a result of Project No. D2017-D000RA-0031.000.