Publicly Released: February 2, 2021
Public Law 111-84, “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010,” section 2835, October 28, 2009, designates the DoD Inspector General as the chairperson of the Interagency Coordination Group of Inspectors General for Guam Realignment. The chairperson is required to provide an annual report to the congressional Defense committees, the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of the Interior on the activities of the Interagency Coordination Group and the programs and operations funded with amounts appropriated or otherwise made available for military construction on Guam.
This report contains data collected from multiple organizations. The DoD Office of Inspector General did not independently verify, analyze, or validate the data provided.
This report contains five sections that identify the programs and operations funded with appropriated amounts or funds otherwise made available for military construction on Guam in FY 2020.
1. The DoD obligated $529.3 million and expended $365.1 million. Other Federal agencies
deobligated $15.5 million and expended $25.9 million. (Section 1)
2. The DoD identified 134 military construction projects and programs, totaling $333.3 million,
with estimated completion costs of $1.1 billion. Other Federal agencies identified 37 projects
and programs, totaling $25.9 million, with estimated completion costs of $1 million on 3
ongoing projects and programs. (Section 2)
3. The Government of Japan contributed revenues of $367 million and earned $34.8 million in
interest associated with revenues for the last 11 years. (Section 3)
4. The DoD identified operating expenses of $94.4 million. Other Federal agencies identified
operating expenses of $37,721. (Section 4)
5. The DoD identified a total of 223 contracts, grants, agreements, or other funding mechanisms
totaling $424.1 million. Other Federal agencies identified a total of 33 contracts, grants,
agreements, or other funding mechanisms, with deobligations of $15.5 million of previously
obligated but not expended funds. (Section 5)