Privacy and Security
Privacy and Security Policy
1. The DoD OIG website is provided as a service by the DoD OIG.
2. Information presented on the DoD OIG web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate by line/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information in the form of server log files is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. No information is stored about individual users or their usage habits in "cookie" format.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
6. For security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage, including attempts to deny service to authorized users.
7. Attempts to upload or change information on this service without authorization or to download and copy with the intent to defraud are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
When receiving requests for its Speakers Bureau, DoD OIG collects information from users so that requests for speakers can be reviewed, managed and matched with appropriate internal staff available for speaking engagements. Information collected from users include full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, company name, address and contact information, and requested topic of information.
The information collected will only be utilized by the DoD OIG Speakers Bureau manager and staff working on requests. The speakers bureau manager will review the policy bi-annually to ensure system access only by appropriate staff and through technical security with user name log-in and passwords. Records are retained in a secure location, are only accessed by appropriate staff through technical security with user name log-in and passwords, and are purged in accordance with records management policy at DoD IG.
Terms of Service
DoD OIG offers a broad and dynamic range of subject matter expert speakers for keynote addresses, panel participation, forums, roundtable discussions, conference, meetings and seminars. However, the following conditions apply:
The DoD OIG will make every effort possible to accommodate each request for a speaker. Operational commitments must take priority, and authorization to participate in a speaking engagement must not interfere with the mission of the DoD OIG. All incoming requests are carefully evaluated to assure that they (1) meet the basic requirements listed below; and (2) provide an opportunity for DoD OIG to share what we do with the largest segment of the public.
To request a speaker, please complete and submit a request form (link to form). Please allow as much lead-time as possible prior to your event for us to arrange for the appropriate speaker. This is necessary to give speakers adequate notice, ensure minimal disruption to the mission and provide adequate advance notice to the requester that a speaker will or will not be available. Please note, however, that because employee participation in the Speakers Bureau is on a volunteer basis, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be met.
The following terms must be followed for DoD OIG participation at your event:
- Fundraising events of non-federal entities: DoD OIG speakers may not participate in commercial activities, non-profit fundraising events, or endorsements, either directly or indirectly.
- Discrimination: DoD OIG speakers may not participate in any activity in which any group has been unlawfully segregated or unequally treated on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, disability, religion, age or sexual orientation.
Travel Expenses: Due to budgetary limitations, DoD OIG may not be able to fund the travel for events requiring travel 50 miles or more. DoD OIG does have authority to accept payment from other organizations for travel expenses for speaking engagements.
- Honoraria or Fees: DoD OIG speakers are not allowed to accept honoraria, stipends or fees for speaking.