Federal Civilian Jobs with the DoD - Application Information


Department of Defense Federal civilian jobs are advertised on the official U.S. Government web site USA JOBS.  We recommend visiting this site regularly, new vacancies are posted every day.

For other information on DoD civilian job opportunities you may go to the employment resource listings on the Defense.gov site map by clicking here.

If you find a position of interest to you or if you have questions about the civilian hiring process, we suggest that you visit the Human Resource Services Center or the DoD Civilian Personnel Management Service for answers to your questions.

The Defense Hotline does not generally have purview over non-selection for a DoD vacancy announcement/application. To discuss the specifics of your situation, you may phone the Defense Hotline for clarification at 1-800-494-9098.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The following information is provided from the USAJOBS website as general guidance for discrimination complaints which may arise from the job application process:

A Federal agency cannot discriminate against an employee or applicant with respect to the terms, conditions or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other factor that is not related to job performance. Discrimination on these bases is prohibited by one or more of the following statutes: 5 U.S.C. 2302(b)(1), (b)(10); 29 U.S.C. 206(d); 29 U.S.C. 633a; 29 U.S.C. 791; and 42 U.S.C. 200e-16.

If you believe that you have been the victim of unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability, you must contact an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) counselor within 45 calendar days of the alleged discriminatory action, or, in the case of a personnel action, within 45 calendar days of the effective date of the action, before you can file a formal complaint of discrimination with your agency. See, e.g. 29 CFR 1614. If you believe that you have been the victim of unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, you must either contact an EEO counselor as noted above or give notice of intent to sue to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory action. For further information, check the EEOC's website at www.eeoc.gov.

In the alternative, you may pursue a discrimination complaint by filing a grievance through your agency's administrative or negotiated grievance procedures, if such procedures apply and are available.