Whistleblower Protection Coordinator (WPC) Kenneth M. Sharpless
The DoD OIG Whistleblower Protection Coordinator's primary roles are:
- Educate all DoD employees, including military service members, defense contractors, subcontractors, grantees, sub-grantees, civilian appropriated fund and nonappropriated fund instrumentality employees, and employees within the DoD intelligence community on reporting fraud, waste, and abuse within the DoD, without fear of reprisal.
- Educate all DoD employees on the means through which they can seek review of any allegation of reprisal and on the roles that the Office of Inspector General, the Office of Special Counsel, the Merit Systems Protection Board, and other relevant entities play in investigating reprisal allegations.
- Provide general information about the timeline for reprisal cases, the availability of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, and other avenues for potential relief.
- Assist the Inspector General in promoting the timely and appropriate handling and consideration of protected disclosures and allegations of reprisal.
- Assist the Inspector General in facilitating communication and coordination with the Office of Special Counsel, the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency, the DoD, Congress, and other entities regarding the timely and appropriate handling and consideration of protected disclosures.
If you have questions regarding your rights and responsibilities, please send an email to WPC@dodig.mil.