Civil Liberties Program
The mission of the DoD OIG Civil Liberties Program is to oversee reporting, provide education, and manage civil liberties policy.
Law and Policy
- Section 803 of Public Law 110-53, "Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007"
- Public Law 108-458, "The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, as amended"
- The U.S. National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, The 9/11 Commission Report
- Executive Order 12333, "United States Intelligence Activities, as amended"
- DoD Instruction 5400.11, " DoD Privacy and Civil Liberties Programs"